Invests 96L and 97L
Posted by Chris in Tampa
on 9/14/2017, 12:24 pm
|"Tropical Weather Outlook|
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Thu Sep 14 2017
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Jose, located several hundred miles east-northeast of the
1. A tropical wave located about 800 miles southwest of the Cabo Verde
Islands continues to produce widespread showers and thunderstorms.
Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for gradual
development of this system, and a tropical depression could form
early next week while it moves westward at around 15 mph across the
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. Another tropical wave, located between the west coast of Africa and
the Cabo Verde Islands, is producing a large area of disorganized
shower and thunderstorm activity. Some development of this system is
possible over the next few days before upper-level winds become less
favorable. The system is forecast to move westward at 10 to 15 mph
across the far eastern tropical Atlantic for the next several days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
Some other models:
In this thread:
< Return to message board
Post A Reply