5 day chances at 8pm Thurs: 96L (nearer to Americas) - 80%; 97L (nearer to Africa) - 90%
Posted by Chris in Tampa
on 9/14/2017, 9:16 pm
|Tropical Weather Outlook|
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Thu Sep 14 2017
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Jose, located over the southwestern Atlantic Ocean.
1. A tropical wave located about 850 miles west-southwest of the Cabo
Verde Islands is producing disorganized cloudiness and showers.
Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for gradual
development of this system during the next several days, and a
tropical depression will likely form early next week while it moves
westward at about 15 mph across the tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. Showers and thunderstorms associated with an area of low pressure
located about 300 miles south of the Cabo Verde Islands have
continued to become better organized this afternoon. Environmental
conditions are expected to remain conducive for development, and
a tropical depression is likely to form tonight or Friday. This
system is forecast to move westward to west-northwestward at 10
to 15 mph across the eastern tropical Atlantic during the next
couple of days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
In this thread:
Good grief - two more waves< Return to message board
, 9/14/2017, 2:35 am
- 5 day chances at 8pm Thurs: 96L (nearer to Americas) - 80%; 97L (nearer to Africa) - 90% - Chris in Tampa, 9/14/2017, 9:16 pm
Post A Reply